Bachelors of Arts (B.A.) in Business Administration
Concentration/Specialisatie: Management/Beheer (te vergelijken met Bedrijfskunde HBO)
- University of LaVerne LaVerne, CA (USA) (diploma behaald)
- GPA/Gemiddeld cijfer: 3.7* (1 – 4 highest/hoogst)
- school contact [email: firstname.lastname@example.org / +1 9095933511 ext.4000]
* The 4.0 Story: The benefit of having a website is getting to explain things in more detail. This grade point average should have been a solid 4.0. I made one A- which threw off my entire GPA. The reason I got an A- is because my professor in my Critical Thinking Class did not like my answer to the Trolley Question and subsequent explanation.
“The Trolley Question is a thought experiment in ethics.” Wikipedia. My take on the situation was to do NOTHING. I explained it in great detail, just like the other students did with their essays. My teacher just didn’t like my answer and subsequently felt I did not deserve an A in the class because of my ONE ESSAY. I literally made straight A’s across the board for the entire courseload completed at the University of LaVerne.
Associates of Arts (A.A.) in Liberal Arts
- Seminole Community College, FL (USA) (diploma behaald)
High school diploma with honors – Winter Park High School, Winter Park, FL
Gallery Domingo (Owner/Director/Curator of event-based gallery)
3/2003 – 3/2006
- Manage all aspects of gallery management, including administration, strategy, marketing/branding, graphic design, bookkeeping, accounting, planning, etc.
- Handle all logistics of producing solo and group art exhibitions.
- Work with other businesses, non-profits, art dealers, curators and artists to coordinate artwork for marketing purposed, exhibitions, stores, offices and residences.
- Reviewed small to mid-size visual arts organization grants as part of a peer panel for the Los Angeles Cultural Affairs Department (Dec. 2007).
- Assisted Hollywood Arts Council by coordinating their after-school program in seven low-income Hollywood elementary schools, as well as served on their board of trustees.
- Managed all web-related functions for several websites.
- Coordinated outdoor collaborative murals.
Warehouse Assistant, E-Commerce, Miss Etam Distribution Center (Zoetermeer, NL)
9/2014 – 5/2015 Miss Etam BV (now bankrupt)
3/2013 – 9/2014 Start People InHouse Services
10/2012 – 3/2013 DWS Jobhouse (Social Work Program)
Admissions Representative, StudentScout/PeopleScout Inc. (Chicago, USA)
4/2010 - 10/2011
- Handled inquires for the profit sector of private and higher learning institutions.
- Call center for the Art Institutes (www.artinstitutes.edu).
Telefundraiser, Donor Services Group (Los Angeles, CA)
9/2007 – 5/2009
- Raised money for various political and progressive non-profit organizations, such as Obama for President, Sierra Club, Greenpeace, Jane Goodall, American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, NARAL, Planned Parenthood, and the Democratic Party, among others.
- Key member of group that handled special campaigns and high-dollar donors, (along with Anders Holm of Workaholics television fame and fortune.)
Owner, Organizational Solutions (Los Angeles, CA)
6/2002 – 3/2003
- Freelance administrative support for existing companies and start-ups.
- Managed all aspects of office management, scheduling, recordkeeping and bookkeeping.
Assistant to the Senior Managing Directors and Chief Financial Officer
Chanin Capital Partners (Los Angeles, CA)
4-1999 – 6/2002
- Administrative support to Executives, Associates and Analysts, including coordination of heavy travel schedules and supplementay executive medical expense reimbursements.
- Manage time-tracking software, benefits administration, vendor accounts, filing and processing of reimbursements.
- Appointed to serve as Secretary of Recruiting and Administrative Committees, which include extensive work with Career Development Centers and students, as well as minutes, scheduling, etc.
- Prepare and distribute materials for fundraising focused towards start-up dotcom companies.
Assistant to the Office of the President and Chief Executive Officer
The Equitable Companies, Inc. (New York, NY)
10-1997 – 11/1998
- Administrative support for executive office of Fortune 500 company.
- Handled all charitable invitations, phones, light bookkeeping, correspondence, mail, filing systems and vacation back-up for executive assistants.
Languages: Dutch, English